By Gina Cartwright and Elizabeth G Stratte, MD
Edited By Maren Stratte
Many of us strive for long, thick and dark eyelashes, long, beautiful lashes look great on everyone. Even if you're wanting fuller brows, there’s a new product to enhance your natural brows. Although makeup can temporarily improve your eyelashes and eyebrows appearance, some long-lasting solutions are also available to give you the enhancement you are looking for.
LASH AND BROW ENHANCEMENTS AND HOW THEY HELP
- Tinting: If your eyelashes or eyebrows are too thin, sparse or light in color to truly stand out and help define your eyes, one option is a tinting treatment. This will darken your eyelashes so that you don’t have to apply mascara every day. Brow tinting darkens the hairs more than the skin, making your eyebrows stand out. It may even help to give them the appearance of being thicker. Tinting can last up to 4-6 weeks.
- Lash and Brow Serums: Lack of fullness in the lashes and eyebrows is a very common occurrence that can happen at any stage of your life. Fortunately, we have amazing eyelash and eyebrow enhancing serums to help!
- Lash Lifting: This creates a semi-permanent curl to your eyelashes for a more lifted and pronounced look. This treatment can be done on short and long lashes and is very customizable to the type of curl you are looking to achieve. Lash Lifting can last up to 6-8 weeks.
Our Favorite Lash and Brow Enhancing Serums
- Latisse: The serum consists of bimatoprost ophthalmic solution and can help make your eyelashes grow longer, thicker and darker. It's one of the very few lash serums that have been approved by the FDA to help individuals enhance eyelash growth. Improvement in eyelash growth and fullness starts after 8 weeks and is the most pronounced after 16 weeks of using.
- Nu-Cil Eyelash: is powered by Nouriplex™ technology, a proprietary blend of 4 lash-enhancing ingredients that are clinically proven to improve the appearance of lash condition, thickness, volume, and overall fullness of the lash. Nu-Cil Eyelash Serum is unique in formula with biotin, panthenol and hyaluronic acid to add great shine and health to the eyelashes. Visible improvement in length, fullness and darkness in eyelashes start as early as 8 weeks with pronounced results after 16 weeks. Nu-Cil Eyebrow: Using their innovative NouriPlex™ Technology with a proprietary combination of core ingredients that supports the appearance of fuller, denser, more voluminous eyebrows with results that continue to build day after day. Nu-Cil Eyebrow Serum can provide visible improvement in density, fullness and darkness in as early as 8 weeks with pronounced results at 12 weeks
- Jane Iredale PureLash Conditioner: This product is designed to condition, thicken and strengthen eyelash and eyebrow hairs. It protects the hairs, making eyelashes healthier and allowing them to grow to their natural fullest potential without the side effects of Latisse and Nu-Cil.
- Will my lash growth serum cause reddening of the eyelid?
While it’s possible for this to occur, applying the serum in the morning reduces the instance of redness and stinging of the eye.
- Will my lash growth serum change the color of my iris?
This only happens if the serum gets into the eye repeatedly, it’s very rare to see a change in eye color.
- Can lash growth serums cause fat loss around the eye?
There has been nothing to show in the Nu-Cil or Latisse clinicals or data to suggest that this is a possible side effect.
- How often do I need to use my lash or eyebrow growth serum?
Application once a day, everyday gives you the best results. Once the desired look has been achieved you could use your growth serum 3-5 times a week to maintain your results.
- What happens if I stop using my growth serums?
Eventually your brows and lashes will go back to their previous growth state.
- Will Nu-Cil Eyebrow serum make my brow hairs longer?
From personal experience, the eyebrow hairs could grow longer due to the proprietary lipid compound in the serum.
As you can see, there are clear benefits to using lash and brow growing serums but also things you may want to consider as well. In our opinion, the pros outweigh the cons by a significant margin. That’s why we use ours daily! Keep in mind that you need to be consistent and results will take time. But, if you put in the effort, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.