By Maren Stratte and Elizabeth G Stratte, MD
Dermaplaning is an effective and safe exfoliation procedure. It uses a sterile surgical scalpel to shave the surface of the skin to remove excess dead skin and peach fuzz hairs. The tool is held at a 45 degree angle and is brushed along the skin to remove the hair and skin cells. It is generally a stand alone procedure, but it does create deeper product penetration boosting the products effects. The procedure makes skin look and feel smoother and will reduces the appearance of acne scars.
What is Dermaplaning?
What are the benefits?
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils
- Promotes smoother skin
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peachfuzz”
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Diminishes the look of fine lines
- Works on all skin types
- Instant results and no downtime