Restore Youth & Enhance Beauty
Renew Dermatology and Laser Center is the premier location for Botox in Redding and the surrounding North State. Need to look more awake? Botox might be the perfect treatment for you!
Botox® has quickly become one of the most popular procedures to relax expression lines, reduce wrinkles and prevent new lines or wrinkles from forming. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Botox®…
- Is the Botox painful? – Most people describe the discomfort as minimal and completely tolerable. We do offer a topical numbing cream though to aid in the discomfort of the injection.
- How long will Botox results last? – In most cases it is typical for results to last 3-4 months.
- How quickly will I notice visible results of Botox? -You will begin to see softening in your wrinkles, frown lines and creases within 3-5 days, with continued improvement for up to 2 weeks of getting Botox injected
- Will I still be able to make facial expressions and muscle movement when I get Botox? – Although a visible result is what is desirable from receiving Botox® injections, one does not want to appear frozen or stiff from the procedure. You will still have the ability to move your muscles and make your typical facial expressions. The result – diminished wrinkles and an overall more youthful, expressive appearance.
- What should my doctor be aware of before I get Botox? – Before receiving Botox®, you should discuss all medical conditions with your administering provider.
How to Get the Best Botox Results:
Make sure to schedule your appointment for Botox at least two weeks prior to any special event since it can take that long to see the full effect. There is a chance of bruising with any injection, especially for those prone to bruising. To reduce this chance, be sure to discontinue herbals like vitamin E, St John’s wort, and ginkgo biloba several days prior to your appointment. Other medications such as ibuprofen (Advil) and aspirin can also increase bleeding and should also be discontinued five days prior to your appointment. If these are prescribed for a health condition, consult the prescribing physician before making any changes. Mineral makeup can be applied immediately following the injections and can be used in the following days to cover any redness or bruising which may occur.